Welcome to the Mendable API, with which you can provide detailed, accurate, and contextually relevant answers to your customers questions based on your own documentation. With our API, you can easily integrate Mendable's advanced language model capabilities into your own applications.
- Natural Language Understanding: Our AI model understands complex language patterns and delivers human-like responses.
- Advanced Information Retrieval: Leverage both keyword-based and semantic search to find the most relevant information.
- Customizable Responses: Adjust the temperature and search thresholds to fine-tune the AI's response to suit your needs.
- Conversation Continuity: Maintain context by providing the history of a conversation, ensuring coherent and relevant answers.
- Source Attribution: Get information about the documents used to generate the answers, including links to the original sources.
To start using the Mendable API, you will need an API key. If you don't have one, you can get one by going to mendable.ai and signing up.
Once you have your API key, you can access the Mendable API by making a POST request to the following endpoint.
The Mendable API offers a variety of parameters to customize your requests. You can also provide conversation history to maintain context and improve the quality of the AI's responses. See a full list of parameters here
Generating an API Key
To generate an API key, navigate to the Mendable dashboard. Click on the 'API keys' tab and then click the 'Generate Key' button.
Sample Use Cases
- Customer Support Chatbots: Improve your customer support experience by integrating Mendable API into your chatbot to provide accurate and detailed answers to user queries.
- Virtual Assistants: Empower your virtual assistant with advanced language understanding and information retrieval capabilities.
- FAQ Automation: Automatically generate answers to frequently asked questions for your website or application.
- Knowledge Base Search: Provide your users with a powerful search experience to find the information they need.